The best way to find out – without getting people’s backs up!
It’s amazing what people say about you if you give them 10 seconds and 3 words to describe you. Your friends, family and colleagues will all come up with a very different answer. The trick is interpreting their feedback and see “is this the persona I wanted to project?” Make sure they answer quickly, it’s normally the gut reactions that are the most telling.
Your perception of your self image and the persona you project could very well be quite different. The first time I did it, I was taken aback by the response, the answers where not quite what I expected. It was very insightful, fun and useful. It’s a positive experience, shows to those around you that you are self aware and understand the impact of your self image on others.
Changing the image you project
1) Group the answers together and see if you can spot a trend
2) Identify how you wish to be perceived and then see where the gaps are
3) Work out the skills, attributes and behaviours that you need to display for you to be perceived in the way you want to be
4) Built a 21 day plan focusing on training yourself to exhibit your desired persona
5) Repeat the exercise as frequently as you need to (And have fun with it!)
Give it a try, go and find out today
Go on, be brave! Ask your family, friends and colleagues to describe you in three words.